Last Revised: 3/1/2014
2585 Park Blvd Z206, Palo Alto, CA 94306, USA
3. A Note About Children.We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13.If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to Company and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data;Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
(a) Information You Provide to Us.
• We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail and mailing addresses, professional title, company name, birthday, profile pictures, location information, and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
• If you use our Services on your mobile device, including through our Application(s), we may collect your phone number and the unique device id number.
• If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you want to deactivate this feature, deactivate GPS on your device or deactivate browser geolocation feature.
• When you order Services on our Site, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information.
• We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
• If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
• When you post content (text, images, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content) on our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users will be able to see it, along with your profile photo and any other information that you providedon your public profile page (“Profile”). The information that you provide in your Profile will be visible to others, including anonymous visitors to the Site.
• When you post messages on the message boards of our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
• When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
• We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
• If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or giveaway on our Site, we may ask you for your e-mail address and/or phone number (to notify you if you win or not). We may also ask for first and last names, and sometimes postal addresses to verify your identity.In some situations we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary.We recommend that you read the rules for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter.
• We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
(c) Information Collected via Technology.
• Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
• Pixel Tags. In addition, we may use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier,similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users.In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Data.
• Flash LSOs. When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored.Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash Cookies, click here: http://www.macromedia.com /support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
• Mobile Services.We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Application(s). This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the Application(s), and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Application(s) crash on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Application(s). This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
(d) Information Collected from You About Others. If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account,we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party.We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s names and e-mail addresses as required above.You or the third party may contact us at email@example.com request the removal of this information from our database.As part of your use of the Services,we provide you the opportunity to connect automatically with your friends.We employ various techniques in order to facilitate friends finding each other on our service,including offering contact importer tools to facilitate adding to your contacts (including Facebook Friends and contacts in your address book) so that you can more readily ask your contacts to join and communicate with you through the Services. With your permission, we will access your address book, call log and SMS log, and import your contacts' names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, image, geographic location and other SNS IDs to facilitate automatic connection with your friends. We do this only for contact matching to help your friends and you find each other. Also, when you invite friends to the Services, we will access your Address Book and we will import your contacts names and phone numbers in order to facilitate the invitation. The e-mail that is sent to your friends will come from your e-mail address so that your friends know that you want to invite them to visit the Site.We do not store any passwords you provide as part of the contact import process. We also collect some settings that help us to interpret your data, such as the language and keyboard settings that you have established, and the phone’s carrier, mobile network code and mobile country code.
(e) Information Collected from Third Party Companies. We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from companies that provide our Services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or services on our Site. These third party companies may supply us with Personal Data.We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to improve the Services we provide.
(f) Location Information.If you have enabled location services on your device, we collect your location information to set location information and weather conditions in your planet.If you do not want this information collected by us, you can disable location services on your device.
6. Use of Your Personal Data
(a) General Use.In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
• facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
• identify you as a user in our system;
• provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
• provide the Services you request;
• improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
• send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
• send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
• respond to your inquiries or other requests;
• make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback;and
• send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of the Company.
(b) User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name and may also indicate their home city. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her name along with the testimonial. We may post user feedback on the Site from time to time. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting your name with your feedback.If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with our Site, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
(c) Creation of Anonymous Data.We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
(a) Third Parties Designated by You.When you use the Services, the Personal Data you provide will be shared with the third parties that you designate to receive such information, including other websites, your friends, relatives and business associates. Depending on the type of access you grant to such third parties, they may also be permitted to edit the information you have provided to us and to designate others to access and edit such information. You may change your settings at any time as to who has access to your information by going to your account settings and changing your publishing options.
(b) Third Party Service Providers.We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers: to provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the Company. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by the Company.
(f) Disclosure to Third Party Companies.We may enter into agreements with companies that provide our Services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or services on our Site (“Third Party Companies”). A Third Party Company may want access to Personal Data that we collect from its customers.AS A RESULT,WE MAY PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO A THIRD PARTY COMPANY. BECAUSE WE DO NOT CONTROL THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OF THESE THIRD PARTY COMPANIES, YOU SHOULD READ AND UNDERSTAND THEIR PRIVACY POLICIES.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS–YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
(AS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83
A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT WHO HAS PROVIDED PERSONAL DATA TO A BUSINESS WITH WHOM HE/SHE HAS ESTABLISHED A BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP FOR PERSONAL, FAMILY, OR HOUSEHOLD PURPOSES (A“CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER”) MAY REQUEST INFORMATION ABOUT WHETHER THE BUSINESS HAS DISCLOSED PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR THE THIRD PARTIES’DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. IN GENERAL,IF THE BUSINESS HAS MADE SUCH A DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA, UPON RECEIPT OF A REQUEST BY A CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER, THE BUSINESS IS REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A LIST OF ALL THIRD PARTIES TO WHOM PERSONAL DATA WAS DISCLOSED IN THE PRECEDING CALENDAR YEAR,AS WELL AS A LIST OF THE CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA THAT WERE DISCLOSED. CALIFORNIA CUSTOMERS MAY REQUEST FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COMPLIANCE WITH THIS LAW BY E-MAILING INFO@URIVERSE.com. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO ONE REQUEST PER CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER EACH YEAR AND WE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO REQUESTS MADE BY MEANS OTHER THAN THROUGH THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS.
(g) Public Profile.Certain portions of the information you provide to us may also be displayed in your Profile. As an essential element of the Services, most of the Personal Data you explicitly provide to us when you register or update your Profile is displayed on your Profile. In order for your Profile to be made private, you must go to your profile settings. And then delete the profile information. Your photos, posts, friends, and other content you post to the Site are also meant for pubic consumption. We may display this content on the Site and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. Once displayed on publicly viewable web pages, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put Personal Data in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Site, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
9. Your Choices Regarding Information.You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Site and with our Services:
(b) Cookies.If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings,to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information.If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
(c) De-Linking SNS.If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account (e.g., Facebook) linked to your Account, then you may de-link the SNS account in the “preferences” section in your account settings. You may also manage the sharing of certain Personal Data with us when you connect with us through an SNS, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Services and your social media account or mobile device.
(d) Changing or Deleting Your Personal DataYou may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your profile within your Account. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information,it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
(e) Applications.You can stop all collection of information by the Application(s) by uninstalling the Application(s) or not visiting our web site or deleting your account. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.To serve ads in our Application(s) where Cookie technology is not available, the Company hashes users’device IDs. Users may choose to reset or opt out of anonymous IDs at any time. If users choose to opt out,ads delivered to the Application(s) by ad serving technology will not be served on an anonymous ID. You may at any time opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by disabeling the associated location services in your device’s settings.
10. Security of Your Personal Data.The Company is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100%secure, however. Therefore, while the Company uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, the Company cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The Uriverse Team